Upcoming Guests on China Pivots West
The podcast is not currently on a regular schedule, so episodes go up as I find time to schedule podcast recordings. The lineup for October and November looks pretty good so I want to give our listeners a sneak peek at what's coming as an encouragement to stay tuned!
John Garver, Zachary Keck - Current Status of Sino-Iranian Friendship
- Dr. John Garver is Professor in the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is a member of the editorial boards of the journals China Quarterly, Journal of Contemporary China, Issues and Studies, Asian Security, and a member of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations. He is the author of eight books and over seventy articles dealing with China 's foreign relations. His books include: China and Iran: Ancient Partners in a Post-Imperial World.
- Zachary Keck is Associate Editor of The Diplomat .
Gilbert Rozman - Sino-Soviet National Identities
- Dr. Gilbert Rozman is Musgrave Professor of Sociology at Princeton University. He explores national identities in China, Japan, Russia, and South Korea, to understand how they shape bilateral trust and evolving relations in the region.
Andrew Small - China and Pakistan: All-Weather Friends?
- Andrew Small is a transatlantic fellow with the Asia program at the German Marshall Fund of the United States, which he has helped lead since 2006. His research focuses on U.S.-China relations, EU-China relations, Chinese policy in South and South-West Asia, and China's role in "problem" and fragile states. He is currently completing a book on China-Pakistan relations.
Chris Rickleton - What is China doing in Kyrgyzstan?
- Chris Rickleton is a journalist for EurasiaNet.org, concentrating on Kyrgyz and Central Asian themes, and provide analysis about the local mining sector for London-based companies such as Exclusive Analysis and IHS.